WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
13U and Younger: All bats must be stamped BPF 1.15. Must be a baseball bat- not exceed the BPF. No restriction on weight or length as long as bat has "BPF 1.15" stamp.
14U: -5 or -3 weight/length ratio. All -5 bats must be stamped BPF 1.15- not exceed the BPF. All -3 bats must be stamped BBCOR.
15U and Older: -3 weight/length ratio only. All bats must be stamped BBCOR. Bats stamped BBCOR legal for all ages.
Bat rules apply to the age division being played
A bat(s) performance determine not to meet the 1.15 BPF is Not Eligible for tournament play.
Effective April 6, 2017 additional bats listed below are not eligible for play effective immediately
CLICK HERE FOR DEMARINI BATS NOT MEETING THE BPF STANDARDS
Effective April 12, 2018 additional bats listed below are not eligible for play effective immediately
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BAT INFORMATION
Effective May 16, 2018 additional bats listed below are now eligible for tournament play.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BAT INFORMATION
Effective June 6, 2018 additional bats listed below are now eligible for play effective immediately
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BAT INFORMATION
On Feb. 21,2020 the NCAA sent out an email to coaches and athletic directors to tell them the 33-inch model of the 2020 Meta (-3) BBCOR Louisville Slugger baseball bat "will not be allowed for use in any NCAA baseball competition," effective immediately.
The National Federation of State High School Associations, which governs most high school sports and activities in the U.S., followed suit and banned the bat on Tuesday.
The illegal bat use by a player will result in the both the head coach and the player who used the illegal bat be EJECTED from the game in progress. The illegal bat has to be discovered before the next pitch to a batter of either team. If the bat is deemed illegal by the umpire and/or Tournament Director, the defensive coach has the choice of the batter being called out and all players return to base prior to the at bat or take the play.
4. COACHES PASSES: Each team shall receive (3) coaches passes and a scorekeeper pass. Coaches and scorekeeper who lose, forget, or misplace their passes will be required to pay a non-refundable gate admission.
5. CONDUCT: Each participating team(s) manager and coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team(s) parents, players, and spectators. If a manager, coach, or player is ejected from any game by the umpire, that manager, coach, or player will not be allowed to participate in their team(s) next schedule game. Clarafication: If manager, coach, or player ejected in championship game then the next tournament game that manager, coach, or player will not be allowed to participate. Spectators ejected from the ballpark will not be allowed back into the park until the next scheduled tournament day.
New for 2022 Season: If a parent or spectator for your team gets ejected from a game the coach/manager will be ejected at that time also. The umpire at the plate meeting should identify who is the responsible coach or manager for that game. Each participating team(s) manager and coaches are responsible for the conduct of their teams parents and spectators. The parent/spectator ejections has reached a level that is not acceptable therefore, this rule is being implemented.
6. COURTESY RUNNERS: Speed up. Runners for pitcher and catcher once the player reaches the base safely. Runner must be a substitute player or the last out when batting the entire line up.
7. COOLERS: (1) cooler per team allowed in park. Must be kept in dugout.
8. FAKE BUNT Then SWING: Not allowed for ages 6U through 13U. Automatic Out.
9. FIELD DIMENSIONS:
Ages: 7 - 8 60 Ft. Bases 40 Ft. Pitching 6 Innings (See 8U Rule #13)
Ages: 9 - 10 65 Ft. Bases 46 Ft. Pitching 6 Innings
Ages: 11 - 12 70 Ft. Bases 50 Ft. Pitching 6 Innings
Ages: 13 80 Ft. Bases 54 Ft. Pitching 7 Innings
Ages: 14 & Up 90 Ft. Bases 60.6 Ft. Pitching 7 Innings
10. GAME LENGTH: 9U through 12U, six innings or 1:30 time limit. 13U and up, 7 innings or 1:30 time limit. Games are complete at time or inning limits. If, time limit has expired, inning completion is allowed. Home team is batting and winning game is over, final score is the score at the end of the time limit. Championship Games 9U-12U, six innings or 1:40 time limit. Championship Games 13U and up, 7 innings or 1:40 time limit. Umpires keep official time. 8U is six innings or 1:10 time limit with Championship Games six innings or 1:20 time limit. SATURDAY ONLY tournaments, Facility conditions or Number of Teams game times may be reduce to accomodate all teams.
11. HEAD FIRST SLIDE: Age divisions 11 and up may slide head first. Unless, a player is wearing a helmet with a face guard, C-flap or chin strap. This is a safety precaution. Automatic Out. A player can dive back into the bag on the initial pick off play. If a player becomes a runner after the initial pick off the player must slide feet first if player's helmet has a face guard, C-flap or chin strap.
12. HOME TEAM: Home team is determined by the flip of a coin at the umpire meeting at home plate. The Highest seeded team in elimination and championship games are the home team. Official scorekeeper shall be furnished by the home team and the scoreboard operator by the visiting team. Games will start once there is an official book/scorekeeper.
13. ILLEGAL PLAYER OR PITCHER: The use of an illegal player or pitcher in a game will result in the participating team to an immediate forfeiture. An example of an illegal player is a player who is not on teams roster, not correct age, exceeded innings pitched or playing on different teams in the same tournament.
14. MERCY RULE: Mercy rule will be in effect for all games. 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, 8 runs after 5 innings.
15. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR TOBACCO: No exceptions.
16. OFFICIAL GAME: Games unable to be resumed because of rain or other acts of God are official when the following occurs. An official game is 3 innings or home team is winning in the bottom half of the 3rd inning. Games called prior to this shall be resumed where the game was suspended.
17. PITCHING RULES: 9U through 12U, 10 total innings. 13U and up, 12 total innings. Limitation of 7 innings per day anyway a team wants to use them. Saturday Only tournaments 7 total innings.
18. PLAYERS AGE: A player’s age is determined as of April 30 of each year. The age of the player determined at this date is the age bracket the player must participate. A player may elect to play up in age division(s). The beginning of each season the participating players must move up to the next age division.
Age Based with Grade Exceptions:
Players who turn 8 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 1st grade. Also, any player turning 9 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 7u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 9 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 2nd grade. Also, any player turning 10 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 8u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 10 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 3rd grade. Also, any player turning 11 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 9u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 11 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 4th grade. Also, any player turning 12 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 10u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 12 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 5th grade. Also, any player turning 13 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 11u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 13 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 6th grade. Also, any player turning 14 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 12u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 14 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 7th grade. Also, any player turning 15 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 13u are eligible for this division regardless of their grade.
Players who turn 15 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 8th grade. Also, any player turning 16 prior to May 1 will not be eligible. Players who are 14u eligible are eligible for this division regardless of grade.
Players who turn 16 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a freshman in High School. Also, any player turning 17 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
Players who turn 17 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a sophomore in High School. Also, any player turning 18 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
Players who turn 18 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a junior in High School. Also, any player turning 19 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
Players who turn 19 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are a senior in High School. Also, any player turning 20 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
Player's age Verification consist of birth certificate and/or grade exceptions player's report card or letter from principal of attending school verifying the player's grade.
Documentation must be with player or team at each tournament.
A player that is illegal due to an age or grade violation during a TBUSA tournament game, shall result in the participating team's immediate forfeiture . The illegal player and head coach of participating team will be ejected from the tournament.
19. PROTEST: Only Rule interpretations can be protested. A $295 fee payable for any protest.
20. REFUND/CREDIT (Rain out/ No show): Full refund/credit if no games are played. ½ refund/credit if (1) game is played. No refund/credit if (2) games are played. No refund for teams that are a no show or surrender during a tournament. No gate refunds, nor rain check, at anytime. Teams should inform their parents and fans, if play is in doubt due to inclement weather or rain, to wait until play begins to enter the ball park.
21. SPECTATOR FEE: Per day gate fee for Adults and Children, Age 6 and under Free. Applicable sales tax where required.
22. STEEL SPIKES: Baseball Cleats with steel spikes may only be used in age divisions 13U and up unless their is a temporary mound where the facility may require no steel spikes.
23. TEAM ROSTER: Each participating team must register your team online by creating an account. Once an account has been created you may create your team roster online. The online roster must be completed prior to participation. Each player birth certificate must be kept available by the team manager during each tournament. Upon request by the tournament director the team manager must provide copies of each player birth certificate. See illegal player for clarification.
Roster is limited to a total of 18 players. Team manager may add or delete players each year not to exceed the 18 player roster.
The online roster is NOT FROZEN during the TBUSA season. This allows the parents to decide where and for whom their child can play not the organization.
No limitations on the number of players that can be added or deleted at any one time. A participating player may not play on two different teams in the same tournament.
24. SEASON: Each season begins August 1 and ends July 31st. TBUSA Membership fee is due once a year with each new season.
25. TEAM INSURANCE: Each team must have proof of insurance prior to participating in a TBUSA Tournament. Team insurance can be obtained by clicking on the "Team Insurance" button on the home page or may be purchased by a provider of your choice. Team insurance is the responsibility of the participating team. NO liablility is assumed by this organization.
26. TEAM SEEDING: All games played during pool play are seeding games based on wins and losses. Tiebreakers for determining seeding will consist of head to head (if applicable, see below), least runs allowed, run differential (7 runs max positive), Most runs scored (10 runs max) and Coin toss. If, three or more teams are tied we will use this rule for determining the Highest seed and after one team has been determined convert back to the first tiebreaker, head to head and continue until all teams are seeded.
Please note: Head to Head for tiebreakers can only be used if all teams have played each other or the tournament is a round robin.
27. TIE BREAKERS: Only elimination games may not end in a tie. If, an elimination game is tied after regulation (innings played) or time has expired. At this time the Texas Tiebreaker will be put into effect. At the start of the next inning the last batted out for the visiting team will go to second base with one out. This will continue until there is a winner. 7U and UP.
TBUSA 7-8U COACH PITCH RULES
1. POSITION PLAYERS: 10 Players will play in the field with 4 outfielders. All outfielders must assume a position in the outfield behind the baseline no outfield player may assume an infield position.
2. FAIR BALL ARC: The fair ball arc line will be drawn on the field 20 feet from home plate, from the 3rd base foul line to the 1st base foul line. A batted ball must have traveled 20 feet in front of home plate to be fair. An untouched batted ball that has traveled 20 feet and spins back inside the 20 foot arch is considered a fair ball as long as the batted ball stays inside the foul lines.
3. PLAYERS SAFETY ARC: The safety arc line is 30 feet from home plate, from the 3rd base foul line to the 1st All infielders must stay behind the safety arc until the bat has made contact with the baseball.
4. PITCHER: The defensive player listed as the pitcher may not leave the pitcher circle until the bat has made contact with the baseball. The pitcher will receive a warning after 1st offense and 2nd offense removal from the pitching position. Play continues if this occurs and after the play has been completed the offensive team has the option of taking the result of the play or no pitch.
5. BASE RUNNER: No Stealing. A base runner leaving the base prior to the ball contacting the bat or reaching home plate is out. (Dead Ball)
6. COURTESY RUNNER: Only the catcher may receive a courtesy runner. The courtesy runner must be a player who made the last out or if no outs the previous player not on base.
7. DEAD BALL: The ball will be declared dead after every play. The umpire shall call time once it is determine the lead runner is not attempting to advance. The participants do not have to call time.
8. BATTING ORDER: All players on the team roster at the time play begins shall bat. Any late arrivals shall be inserted into the batting order as the last batter. All players on the roster must bat before returning to the top of the line up.
9. RUNS and OUTS: There is a maximum of 7 runs per inning or 3 outs. There is no open inning.
10. SUBSTITUTION: There is free defensive substitution while the batting order must remain the same.
11. NO BUNTING: Automatic out.
12. BATTER: Maximum of 6 pitches or 3 swinging strikes. Fouling the 6th pitch continues the at bat until the player hits the ball, swings and misses, or takes a pitch.
13. PITCHING COACH: The coach when pitching must have both feet in the pitchers circle when pitching to the batter. The following rule applies when a batted ball hits the Pitching Coach and it’s determined by the umpire that the coach did not make a legitimate attempt to avoid contact with the ball, the batter shall be called out and the runners on base shall not advance. No pitch is declared and the ball becomes dead. This is an umpire judgment call.
Clarafication: 8u is played on many types of fields with mounds, no mounds, no pitching rubber, pitching rubber therefore, the pitching coach is allowed to pitch within the circle as long as both feet are within the 20ft circle when pitching. The 40ft mark is just a starting point to make the 20ft circle for the player pitcher and coach pitcher. The reason for this is that not all parks are setup the same.
14. INTENTIONAL WALK: A player may only be intentionally walked once per game.
15. INFIELD FLY: The infield fly rule does not apply.
16. DEFENSIVE COACHES: The defensive coaches must coach from the dugout. Coaches are not allowed on the field of play.